As the weather begins to warm up and the seasons change, it's a great time to refresh your skincare routine and get your skin ready for spring. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and can make your skin look brighter and smoother. Consider using a gentle exfoliating scrub our Joy Body Polish to help unclog pores and promote cell turnover.
- Hydrate: Cold winter weather can leave your skin feeling dry and dehydrated, so it's important to make sure you're using a hydrating moisturizer. Look for one with ingredients like snow mushroom or glycerin to help lock in moisture.
- Protect: As the sun gets stronger, it's important to protect your skin from UV damage. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply every two hours if you're spending time outside.
- Switch to lighter products: In the spring, you may find that heavier creams and serums can feel too heavy on your skin. Switch to lighter products like our gel-based Trinity moisturizer or a serum with a lighter texture.
- Eat well: A healthy diet can help your skin look and feel its best. Make sure you're getting plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats like those found in fish or nuts.
Just like your skin, your hair can also benefit from some extra attention as the seasons change. Here are some tips to help you get your hair ready for spring:
- Get a trim: If you haven't had a haircut in a while, spring is a great time to get a trim to help get rid of split ends and keep your hair looking healthy.
- Use a clarifying shampoo: Over the winter months, your hair can accumulate product buildup, which can weigh it down and make it look dull. Use a clarifying shampoo to help remove any buildup and restore shine. For those with a sensitive scalp, you may want to avoid it or check with your dermatologist first.
- Protect from the sun: Just like your skin, your hair can also be damaged by UV rays from the sun. Consider wearing a hat or using a UV-protectant spray to help shield your hair from the sun's rays.
- Switch up your products: As the weather warms up, you may find that your hair needs different types of products to look and feel its best. Consider using lighter products like a lightweight leave-in conditioner or a light and fast absorbing hair oil. Try our Lush Locks to benefit scalp and hair.
- Eat well: A healthy diet can help promote healthy hair growth. Make sure you're getting plenty of protein, vitamins, and minerals to help nourish your hair from the inside out.
By following these tips, you can help your skin and hair look and feel its best as you transition into spring.